Regressions in TB 31.x and 33

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Oct 23 16:14:11 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 2:44 AM, Jörg Knobloch <jorgk at jorgk.com> wrote:
> To my eye the quality of TB is deteriorating, since all of these bugs
> show up in simple day-to-day usage when messages are received, answered
> or filed into folders.
>
> Sadly, none of these bugs show any significant activity. Two years ago
> Mozilla announced that TB would not receive any more active development
> of new features.

You have encountered some bug s that actually prove that your last
comment is not true.

The Addressing bugs are due to some significant movement on getting the
Composer rewrite going. This is a very *good* thing.

It is painful when bugs like this show up, yes, but the composer has
been needing the rewrite for 10+ years, so I for one am glad it is
happening.

But yeah, these addressing bugs are very annoying, so I feel your pain...