Stepping down from Thunderbird activities

Florian Quèze florian at queze.net
Fri Oct 17 15:39:56 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

Like the others who have already replied, I would like to thank you for
your excellent contributions to Thunderbird over the years.

I would also like to thank you for sending this message - I realize it
might not have been easy - in time so that this change can be taken into
account for our governance discussions in Toronto today.

Thanks,
Florian

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM, Mark Banner <mbanner at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've decided that it is time for me to step down from my Thunderbird
> activities, and as module owner of Thunderbird.
>
> Although Thunderbird is a great email client, and I believe it fills a gap
> for which there is no alternative, I've come to realise that I no longer
> have the passion nor desire to continue my activities at the levels I have
> been. Hence my decision to step down.
>
> At this time, I'm not planning to continue as an active contributor, but
> in the short to mid term, I'll still be around for questions etc.
>
> At this time, I have no nominated replacement however, with the various
> discussions about the future and the governance structures, I think this
> should factor into those - which is why I wanted to send this before
> tomorrow's discussions at the work week.
>
> Whilst I'm stepping down, I would like to ensure there's a clean handover
> of my activities to other folks in the community - I'm not immediately
> stopping everything, but I would like to start handing over and winding
> down gradually. I'll be aiming to put out some more information about some
> of these next week. I'll still be around to ask questions, advice etc.
>
> Regards
> Mark

Florian Quèze