Stepping down from Thunderbird activities

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 16 22:51:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've decided that it is time for me to step down from my Thunderbird
activities, and as module owner of Thunderbird.

Although Thunderbird is a great email client, and I believe it fills a
gap for which there is no alternative, I've come to realise that I no
longer have the passion nor desire to continue my activities at the
levels I have been. Hence my decision to step down.

At this time, I'm not planning to continue as an active contributor, but
in the short to mid term, I'll still be around for questions etc.

At this time, I have no nominated replacement however, with the various
discussions about the future and the governance structures, I think this
should factor into those - which is why I wanted to send this before
tomorrow's discussions at the work week.

Whilst I'm stepping down, I would like to ensure there's a clean
handover of my activities to other folks in the community - I'm not
immediately stopping everything, but I would like to start handing over
and winding down gradually. I'll be aiming to put out some more
information about some of these next week. I'll still be around to ask
questions, advice etc.

Regards
Mark