YouSendIt termination

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 8 15:47:57 UTC 2014

>> Existing users will keep their account but HighTail would like to stop
>> acquiring customers whenever possible.

So, if I understand it, this means that folks with HighTail accounts
should still be able to use Filelink with it, but we should no longer
make Hightail one of our built-in offers?

Or are they OK with the free accounts being created, but don't want us
to continue offering the paid account?

I think we need a clearer idea of what it is that they're willing to do
before we can proceed.

Suffice it to say, however, that removing Hightail from the list of
providers is very easy. Not offering the paid account is also pretty
easy. Making it available for users who've already created accounts but
removing it from the built-in list is slightly more challenging, but not
by much.

So from a technical standpoint, there's nothing too difficult preventing
us from doing the removal - but, like I said, I think we need a clearer
sense of what they're willing and unwilling to do before we proceed.

-Mike