YouSendIt termination

Jb Piacentino jb at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 8 14:14:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been informed that YouSendIt (renamed HighTail) is restructuring
its business and would like to terminate the agreement with Thunderbird.
The contract allows this, with a 3 months notice.
Existing users will keep their account but HighTail would like to stop
acquiring customers whenever possible. How would you recommend to handle
the notice period? Would it be acceptable to customize their setup page
to let users know the offer is no longer valid? Do we take them off the
Filelink providers list right away?

On a similar subject, I noticed a new Filelink provider (hubic)
available on AMO. Could we have them listed as a replacement for HighTail?

Thanks

--Jb