Help wanted: more people to help look after the tree

Florian Quèze florian at queze.net
Mon Oct 6 11:24:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Mark Banner <mbanner at mozilla.com> wrote:

>  I'd like us to have more people actively helping to look after the
> Thunderbird trees. Currently, Joshua and myself are seen as the de-facto
> people to control it, but there's no reason we can't have more.
>
> I'll stop short of saying a "Sheriff <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Sheriffing>"
> group as I don't think we need full-time coverage, but it would certainly
> be useful to get some more folks keeping an eye on things on a regular
> basis.

While I can't promise to consistently look at the c-c tree, I do
occasionally look at it. I remember once or twice thinking that I would
like to close the tree, or change the tree closure message to make it more
descriptive (eg. change the mentioned bug numbers), but I couldn't figure
out how one does that. Is this explained somewhere? Do I need additional
privileges in addition to commit access?

I would also like to be able to approve myself chat/ patches on semi-busted
trees.

Florian

--
Florian Quèze