[thunderbird-testers] Quality game plan for the coming release of Thunderbird

Ludovic Hirlimann lhirlimann at mozilla.com
Mon May 12 16:56:52 UTC 2014

On 11/05/2014 13:42, Helen Kavanagh wrote:

> Hi Ludo
>
> I have downloaded the beta [0] and will be testing by basically using
> it day to day with all my add-ons etc i.e. [3]
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> is there a dedicated forum area for the beta?
Nope - I don't use our support forums so much but maybe it's possible to
do so, asking roland.

> is there somewhere we can keep track of which add-ons have already
> been reported as incompatible with the beta? in fact, in general it
> would be great to have somewhere with a table of which add-ons are
> compatible with which version of TB (I'm currently using release,
> earlybird and daily versions in tandem), and if the compatibility
> reporter could feed into that in some way that would be great.

Yes that's a great idea Let's use :
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird-beta3031 - Also if you find
something that doesn't work with the beta try to contact the author of
the piece of software that doesn't work , so they can fix it in time for
the release.

> I have quite a few systems I can test on here: Windows XP , Windows 7
> 64bit , LUbuntu (basically Ubuntu)
We lack usage on Windows because it's the most used platform - we should
concentrate on it if we can.

> I can also stick on another linux system if you guys are short of
> someone to test something, e.g. a Debian based Linux

That would be nice when we do the formal testing when we do beta2 -
formal testing needs clean and fresh machines.
> later on if I'm not as busy as I am now, I would like to learn about
> the moztrap testing [1] as I have never used it before

It's quite easy - you login there, find a test , read it - do it ,a dn
report, Then the software let's us know what's been tested, how green
the build is ...
> also I have never heard of eventbrite, but if it is at a handy time
> for me I wouldn't mind having a go :-)
>
> In general I can't dedicate days at a time to this, but anyway I'd
> like to be kept in the loop and offer any extra testing when I have time
Eventbrite is juts an easy way to get people to say I want to
participate and track who want's to. in the past I did that manually
this time I want to automate a bit.

Ludo

--
[:Usul] MOC Team at Mozilla