[thunderbird-testers] Quality game plan for the coming release of Thunderbird

sec.consult at comcast.net sec.consult at comcast.net
Fri May 9 17:56:11 UTC 2014

Howdy Ludo,

Good to hear from you.  I've three questions:

1/  "... I will ask people thru a blog post..."  What URL/address of blog post?

2/  "...again the bog post..."  Ibid

3/  "...I'll give you the powers to add new tests..."  Within the past month, I encouraged my significant other to try TB, because her 'Outlook 2003' was randomly deleting text, sometimes while editing, and sometimes during 'send' operation.  For the past 4 years, Erika has been writing her memoirs.  And because her 'Word 2003' was randomly deleting text, she got in the habit of 'saving' frequently.  Well, when she saved frequently in TB (Her current version of TB is 24.5.0), after about 4 saves, the entire email completely disappeared!  :(.  She and I will conspire to replicate her sad experience.  If we come up with something usable, will you let us put it into 'our pool of tests'?

Regards,
Vern
www.linkedin.com/in/vernonfstevenson/

PS
1/ It was good to hear Sid Stamm, Senior Manager, Security and Privacy Engineering, Mozilla.  He stopped in town this week and spoke to the Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.

2/ Erika's first book, FightingForRoadApples.com will be promoted at the Frankfurt Buchmesse October 2014.
Cheers,
vfs