an annoying bug

Marshall Davis marshall.davis at montreal-cac.org
Thu May 1 16:27:25 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I am using Thunderbird, 24.5.0.  I am using a MacBook Pro, 13-inch,
Early 2011, Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, Graphics  Intel HD
Graphics 3000 384 MB, Software  OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021).

First, thank you for Thunderbird.  I appreciate being able to use your
email software.  It is quite reliable, and I enjoy using it.

However, there are a couple of thing about the program that are a bit
annoying.  The most annoying problem I have happens when I am
transferring emails to local folders.  For some reason after a transfer
or two I am no longer able to transfer to a folder.  It is not
necessarily the same folder every time.  It is somewhat random in terms
of how many transfers I can do before it won't transfer more emails to
that folder.  I can transfer to other local folders for a time.
Eventually I am not able to transfer to a second folder, and eventually
a third.  I have to reboot to transfer to those folders again.

Another problem happens when I open files from the attachments at the
bottom of the email window.  The program saves a copy of the attachment
to my desktop.  My habit is to save the file from within the file's
software.  Eventually my desktop is cluttered with unwanted copies of
attachments.  A bit annoying.  Perhaps it is only a setting in the
preferences, but I have not been able to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Marshall