Question: Mozilla's commitment to Thunderbird

Josiah Bruner josiah at programmer.net
Mon Mar 31 20:47:48 UTC 2014

While it's partly true that Mozilla's priorities are not focused on
Thunderbird anymore, they are still committed to maintaining the product
(primarily security-wise) and has never indicated that it plans to kill
Thunderbird.

Mozilla no longer pays its' own employees to work on the product
(excluding security, it does pay employees there) but instead relies on
Thunderbird's active volunteers to make forward progress and fix the
majority of bugs, which we are glad to do. They still continue to supply
resource support to the product which is great.

So although the Mozilla Corp no longer "develops" Thunderbird, the
product is still in great shape and the community continues to land bug
fixes and/or improvements daily.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-
Josiah Bruner
Thunderbird Front-End
& Cocoa Developer