Get an account & Hover

Jb Piacentino jb at mozilla.com
Wed Mar 12 16:18:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been contacted by Hover about the email provisionning service
proposed in Thunderbird. Hover is considering phasing out their product
(<myname>@smith.com, which is different from Gandi who is selling domain
names + 5 email addresses). In addition, they said the sales performance
has been very poor for the last several months (1-3 sign ups per
months!): they don't have a financial motivation to keep the service up.

- Legally: they have to contractually obey a long notice period (6
months) and asking to reduce it. I am checking with Mozilla legal as we
speak and I see it as a negotiation point (if there is something to
negotiate)
- Product-wise: Can we live with 1 email provider, ie Gandi? Do we want
to engage with a new one? (frankly, I'm not sure how we could do that,
but I thought I'd ask anyway)
- Technically: what does it take to remove Hover from the list?

Can we have a quick turnaround on this?
Thanks!

-Jb