Marketing Message

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 18:21:08 UTC 2014

I had asked creative team to do this they said no.

So we would need someone community side to do it.

On Jul 12, 2014 8:52 AM, "Jayakumar Sadhasivam" <iamjayakumars at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I Love it.
>
> We need to create a Cover Photo for Facebook and Twitter, so that we
share and ask Mozillians to update their Social Media Pics.

> Need Banners and ICONS to share and make posters.
>
> Must be in HD quality.
>
> -Jay
>

> -----------------
> Jayakumar Sadhasivam (iamjayakumars)
> Mozilla Representative India
> iamjayakumars at gmail.com
> www.jayakumars.me
> @iamjayakumars
> fb.com/iamjayakumars
>

> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
>>
>> As part of the overall release effort for Thunderbird 31, it would be
helpful if we had a marketing message. I have a proposal, perhaps we could
discuss the exact wording and details here.

>> The disastrous announcement of Mozilla's reduced support for Thunderbird
left a general impression that Thunderbird was dead. In fact that is not
true. Though we may wish we did more, in fact Thunderbird has had a lot of
code work done in the last year. Also I believe that our daily usage is at
least staying constant, if not going up.

>> I know from my ExQuilla work that there are many people out there with
well-known companies who use Thunderbird and rely on it. The market
perception does not match the reality.

>> So I would like to encourage us, as a community, to agree on this
message, and use whatever channels are available to us to promote it. Could
we bikeshed the actual wording of the message? "Thunderbird is not dead" is
probably not the words we want to use.

>> To that end, I would like to see a blog posting that collects data on
Thunderbird usage over the last few years to present some facts about our
daily usage. I can get the last few months from crash-stats but I do not
know how to get usage over the last few years. Does anyone have access to
that? Even a few random emails with usage at points in the past would be
helpful.