http://www.fossamail.org/

Sebastian Hengst archaeopteryx at coole-files.de
Fri Jul 11 17:50:25 UTC 2014

 From palemoon.org about Palemoon (these likely also apply to
Thunderbird where applicable):

http://www.palemoon.org/technical.shtml Scroll down

"Requirements for the regular Pale Moon browser are, in short: a 7th or
later generation CPU with SSE2 support."

"The following features have been disabled by design:

     Accessibility features. Most people don't have a need for
accessibility features. This cuts down some on the input complexity, and
increases speed, but will, obviously, not be suitable for people who
need these features.
     Parental controls. Pale Moon aims to be a fast browser for general
use, not a "secured family browser". The design impact of parental
controls as introduced in Firefox 3.0 and later is significant, and has
had serious implications for building the browser. As such, parental
controls have been disabled.
     WebRTC. Apart from opening up a whole can of worms security-wise,
"Web Real Time Chat" (comparable with Skype video calls and the likes)
is not considered useful or desired functionality for Pale Moon. This is
best left to dedicated programs or at most a browser plug-in.
     Maintenance service. Pale Moon does not use the Windows maintenance
service and does not update silently in the background.
     Integrated PDF reader. The code for this is still included for
emergencies (i.e. when you need to read a PDF but don't have access to a
reader) but disabled by default - you are always recommended to use a
separate, up-to-date document reader for PDF files (as an external
program, not as a browser plugin) for your own security and to have
documents displayed in their fully intended format instead of a
stripped-down in-browser reader.
     Social API. The code for this is still included for people who
choose to use it, but completely disabled by default.
     Tab Groups. The Tab Group (aka Panorama) feature has never properly
matured and has not seen many people using it. In addition, the feature
is generally slow to use, not intuitive, and puts a rather hefty load on
the browser when included. For people who still prefer to use this
feature even though it has been completely removed from the browser, an
add-on is available to replace the removed code.
     A few miscellaneous things like the crashreporter and telemetry
data gathering since they require server-side components that are not in
place at palemoon.org, as well as the latter impacting user privacy.
"

Sebastian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------