http://www.fossamail.org/

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Jul 11 16:07:51 UTC 2014

On 7/11/2014 3:47 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Shall we reach out to the guy so we can get whatever patches he applies ?
>
> Ludo
Reading his material on that email client as well as their
more-established browser alternative PaleMoon, it sounds like they are
focused on tweaking settings and reversing controversial UI decisions
(PaleMoon: "Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface (no
Australis!)" But perhaps someone with more than my 5 minutes of
experience with them could comment. Still, if someone like Fossamail
feels strongly enough about a UI or settings decision that they are
willing to ship an alternate product with a tweak, perhaps we could
revisit some of our decisions and make sure that we are confident that
our defaults are what we want.

What we should do is to reach out to them, make sure they know they we
are happy they are shipping a similar product, and try to embrace them
as part of the overall Mozilla comm-central community. Maybe even get
them to consider sending someone to the summit!

:rkent