Marketing for Thunderbird

Jim Porter squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 03:23:04 UTC 2014

On 02/14/2014 09:03 PM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> If even Brendan Eich is using gmail (happily, since many years), then we
> gotta reflect.

As the resident Thunderbird supporter on some IRC channels I hang out
in, one of the biggest issues I see with Thunderbird adoption is really
pretty obvious: our Gmail support sucks. If we can fix the papercuts
with using a Gmail account in Thunderbird, we'll be a lot more able to
retain new users who try it out.

If the first thing you see when you install Thunderbird is that it
doesn't handle your mail very well, you're just going to uninstall it
and never look back.

- Jim