Marketing for Thunderbird

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat Feb 15 03:03:38 UTC 2014

Kent James wrote, On 14.02.2014 19:39:
> So in general there is no one correct answer whether we compete with
> Outlook or Webmail.

True, but if 90% of all people use webmail, then that's where we need to
find new users.

Everybody: Ask your mom and aunt and the friendly clerk at your
preferred newspaper stand what they use to check mail. Try to make them
use Thunderbird. Observe them how they use it, without intervening or
judging, yourself hands-off. Learn from that experience.

> For example, for ExQuilla ...

... obviously Outlook is the competitor. :)

If even Brendan Eich is using gmail (happily, since many years), then we
gotta reflect.

Ben