Google Summer of Code 2014 - Proposal to Improve Composer UI

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Feb 14 18:24:48 UTC 2014

There was an attempt by someone a few years ago to test various js-based
replacements for compose. Though I don't know the details, IIRC the
conclusion was that it is much more difficult than it seems.

I've also often wondered whatever happened to the attempt to use
BlueGriffon with SeaMonkey. After all, BlueGriffon is based on the same
code that we use and is MPL. If anything could be made to work that
would be an improvement, I  would think that would be it. So if I was
going to put effort into improving HTML compose in Thunderbird, I would
start with Bluegriffon.

That being said, I don't really know what the real issues are here.

:rkent