Google Summer of Code 2014 - Proposal to Improve Composer UI

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 04:53:20 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:40 PM, neandr at gmx.de <neandr at gmx.de> wrote:

>  So you just tell us .. don't touch it at the moment. Not to enhance the
> current composer but also not bringing in a new/alternative compose.
> Is it also .. let's see for GSoC 2015?

I don't think it's so much that you shouldn't touch it; I'm sure jcranmer
wouldn't mind having some help on compose refactoring. But I also don't
think this is the sort of thing that we should subject GSoC contributors
to, even if it weren't for jcranmer working on cleaning up compose. Part of
the goal with GSoC projects should be in coming up with interesting things
to do that don't assume intimate knowledge of a codebase. I think something
like improving IMAP, gloda, or encryption would be far more rewarding to a
GSoC contributor.

- Jim