Google Summer of Code 2014

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:26:33 UTC 2014

Not sure if people say Florian's post about GSoC 2014 [1], but we should
put up some ideas for ideas on the brainstorming page [2]. Thunderbird had
a couple of students last year (mconley had someone working on the address
book stuff, I had a student working on Yahoo! chat protocol support).

So if there are people with interesting projects (i.e. 6 week projects that
won't be blocking the path ahead for Thunderbird) or if someone is willing
to mentor, not would be a great time to step forward! (I'm sure if someone
is willing to mentor, but doesn't have a specific project idea in
mind...something will be found.)

I think this is a good opportunity for us to try to get:
1. Some bugs fixed or new features added.
2. Some new blood into the community.

Thanks,
Patrick

[1]