Fwd: New QE-Verify Flag in Bugzilla

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Fri Aug 15 12:35:44 UTC 2014

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) schrieb:
> I followed some of the early discussion in the newsgroup and then tuned
> out. I've now skimmed much of it.  My first reaction is we lack the
> manpower to do the type of "full" quality process done by Firefox.

I agree there. Neither Thunderbird nor SeaMonkey (just thinking of it
because of the shared core MailNews stuff) have the amount of paid QA
personnel to systematically verify all fixed bugs that affect them. That
said, we don't even have that for Firefox - while we try to get to
everything in the Firefox product on Bugzilla, Core, Toolkit etc. look
much worse and we are trying to get to that with some other ideas.

That said, it could potentially be a pretty good volunteer onramp to ask
people to look over FIXED qe-verify+ bugs in Thunderbird and MailNews
Core (putting up a query and/or wiki page should be easy for that) and
try to verify that those have been fixed correctly.

Just something to think about.

KaiRo