Thunderbird Summit - Preliminary Planning

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Mon Aug 11 17:46:21 UTC 2014

On 8/11/2014 10:11 AM, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> Is worth waiting till December and doing it in Portland during the all
> hands? Would be cheaper for Mozilla and we would have access to all
> staff and know what kind of support we have going forward.

If there are to be any Thunderbird discussions at the rumored December
Portland all-hands meeting, I would be happy to come to Portland at my
own expense to participate if invited (the train ride from Seattle is
quite pleasant). But my first reaction is that this is not a good
substitute for the Thunderbird Summit. A Mozilla all-hands, as I
understand it, is a staff event. The Thunderbird Summit is intended to
be a community engagement event. My sense is that the two do not mix
well, but I have never been to a "Mozilla all-hands".

:rkent