Thunderbird Summit - Preliminary Planning

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at
Mon Aug 11 17:11:08 UTC 2014

Is worth waiting till December and doing it in Portland during the all
hands? Would be cheaper for Mozilla and we would have access to all staff
and know what kind of support we have going forward.

On Aug 11, 2014 9:52 AM, "Kent James" <kent at> wrote:
> I just posted the following update on the status of the Summit to the
wiki page:
> "We are still waiting for approval from Mozilla for the Summit and its
associated funding. Although we tried very hard to get a commitment from
Mozilla by August 3, 2014, we did not get any commitment or approval by
that date. The last communication that we had from anyone at Mozilla, on
Friday August 8, stated 'It seems that the decision is going to take a
little while. Many people are now involved and it will take time to get to
a resolution. I don't think we will be able to confirm anything before 1-2
weeks.' Earlier we had heard that there was sufficient Thunderbird
accumulated income available for the conference, and it was merely a matter
of setting up the appropriate authority to spend that money. Apparently
though it was not that simple."
> Unfortunately this process is quite opaque to someone like myself who is
not a Mozilla executive, so all that I can do is to speculate about what is
really going on, and what likely outcomes are. I realize that many of us
have complex schedules to coordinate, and this delay in coming to a go/nogo
decision is a hardship.
> Still I think that proper course is to wait another couple of weeks and
see if we hear from Mozilla. But if anyone thinks that the time has come to
consider giving up and cancelling this Summit, feel free to say so.
> :rkent
> _______________________________________________
> tb-planning mailing list
> tb-planning at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the tb-planning mailing list