Re: p2p email: Virtual Email Institutions for Thunderbird

Aceman acelists at atlas.sk
Wed Aug 6 07:33:58 UTC 2014

Hi.

I am not sure why you chose me as a relevant person in this discussion, but anyway.
Of course I would love encryption everywhere. But it must be usable by most people. We can't push a solution that is incompatible with 99% of users. Not as the main encryption solution of TB. Instead, as a first step you were proposed to make it an extension on addons.mozilla.org and prove how popular it can become.
Also, we do not currently have the manpower to include code as big as your solution. You were asked how vendor-neutral your solution is and if you or the vendor is ready to maintain the code inside TB/as an extension. I am not sure you have answered this so far. Maybe it got lost in the giant pile of work you have assigned to everybody else. Also I do not understand why you propose even more unrelated and too big projects (like qt conversion) on top.

Aceman