Thunderbird 31 branching on April 28th: Get API changes and strings in!
archaeopteryx at coole-files.de
Mon Apr 21 20:22:30 UTC 2014
this is just a friendly reminder for Thunderbird developers that
Thunderbird 31 will branch in one week from the comm-central repository
with the following consequences:
- APIs of the branch get frozen, e.g. no modifications and removals (to
prevent add-ons from breaking)
- Localization ("l10n") string freeze: No string additions to or
removals from the branch
If you have a patch affected by this, please contact the likely reviewer
and coordinate review and landing before the branching.
Furthermore, a patch for comm-aurora should 
- have tests, or a strong statement of what can be done in the absence
- have landed in comm-central to bake on the nightly channel for a few days.
- have a comment in Bugzilla assessing performance impact, risk, and
reasons the patch is needed on aurora.
With the current development of version bumps every six weeks on Aurora
and Beta, the release of Thunderbird 31 should be on July 22nd, 2014 .
Tb cruft coder and localizer
More information about the tb-planning