the People tab of the certificate manager

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Tue Sep 24 10:47:43 UTC 2013

Brian Smith wrote, On 24.09.2013 00:58:
> The people tab is where we list the S/MIME certificates of other
> people you have exchanged email with. It is probably useful to some
> Thunderbird S/MIME users but AFAICT it is not useful for Firefox. We
> should just remove the people tab from Firefox. Thunderbird can add it
> back in comm-central.

In my Thunderbird, I have a quite long list of people there. They must
have been added automatically by TB.

In my Firefox profile, which is quite old (years), I have 0 entries there.

I.e.: What Brian said.

(Note "Your certificates" and "Server certs" is useful in Firefox, in
part because of HTTPS client verification.)