New web service Autoconfig.cz for account configurations

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Tue Sep 24 10:44:35 UTC 2013

Hello Pavel,

thanks for the information. This is surely interesting.

We cannot use that in Thunderbird, though, because we need to verify the
information before pushing it to millions of users. A malicious entry
would get all passwords from users - if it's done as phishing plus
man-in-the-middle, it would work, too. Thus, we cannot rely on third
parties.

It may serve as source for new configs, that we can manually verify and
put in our DB, though. (If they have large (!) ISPs that we do not have.)

Thanks,

Ben