the People tab of the certificate manager

David Keeler dkeeler at mozilla.com
Mon Sep 23 22:31:22 UTC 2013

[firefox.dev cc'd - please follow-up to tb.planning because this affects
Thunderbird more than Firefox]

As discussed in bugs 825583 and 910986, the "Edit Trust" buttons/dialogs
in the certificate manager don't work properly. The solution for the
Server tab was to remove the button entirely as it served no purpose.
The question is, can we do the same with the People tab?

More generally, what is the People tab useful for? I've never seen any
entries in it in Firefox. In Thunderbird, my profile has a number of
entries, but I've never needed to do anything with them. Do we even need
the People tab?

Any input would be appreciated :)

David Keeler