Gaia email app?

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Tue Sep 10 14:26:19 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 11:17, Tanstaafl wrote:
> I seemed to recall someone on one of these lists saying that much of
> the Mozilla efforts that used to be applied to Thunderbird were now
> directed at Gaia, a mobile email client...
No, one or two of the people that used to work on Thunderbird, now
happen to work on an email client as part of Gaia. There has not been a
direct shift of effort from one to the other.

> Are you saying the plan is for Gaia as an email app to only work on
> FirefoxOS??
Gaia is the code name for the group of applications, not for just the
email application.

The Gaia email application is currently only going to work on Firefox OS
- see Andrew's responses to this thread for more detail.

Mark.