Gaia email app?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Sep 10 10:17:01 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-10 4:27 AM, Mark Banner <mbanner at mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/2013 15:04, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> I was wondering if this is in any kind of usable form. I'm tired of
>> some of the K9 mail bugs, and would love to test this out on my shiny
>> new Nexus4...

> I'm not clear if you understand what Gaia is, so just in case...
>
> Gaia is a collection of apps that make up the front end of Firefox OS:

Oh... darn... Obviously I didn't...

I seemed to recall someone on one of these lists saying that much of the
Mozilla efforts that used to be applied to Thunderbird were now directed
at Gaia, a mobile email client...

So, after reading those links, it still isn't clear to me...

Are you saying the plan is for Gaia as an email app to only work on
FirefoxOS??