Decision: Mainstream and ESR releases will be merged from TB 24 onwards

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Sep 6 13:41:09 UTC 2013

Hey Mark,

normally, enterprise users always lag behind a little bit. If you
advertize TB 24 to enterprise users only at 24.0.2, that is the point
when they will start looking at TB 24. Most of the time, they will
encounter problems, and wait with the upgrade, and then they have no
more support releases of TB 17 and are insecure.

Given that enterprise users generally wait until the last moment, I
propose we make that transition from 17 to 24 at the earliest possible
time, and leave 1-2 further TB 17 releases only for "emergency" cases.

All enterprise users: Please test TB 24 beta *now*, whether that works
for you or you have any problems.

Ben