[amo-editors-internal] Thunderbird 24 coming soon! (and XXXX compatibility with Thunderbird 22.*)

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Wed Sep 4 17:40:12 UTC 2013

On 04/09/2013 17:01, Axel Grude wrote:
> That's a long list. What's the best way for an addons author to check
> his/her code against this? Submitting it to AMO to force a validate,
> or is there another tool that can be used?
Add-on authors will very shortly have got validation notes for at least
some of those failures (the ones from the earliest versions that they hit).

Ideally, I think an author should be re-testing all their functionality
against TB 24 anyway.

> Also, as the change to GetMsgFolderFromUri is likely to affects 25
> (24.0.2) and this already as consequences for "Daily" users, should it
> be listed here as well (maybe in a separate section "Near future
> changes" or what is the proposal here?
Personally, I wouldn't risk confusing people with what is and isn't in 24.

Mark.