desktop e-mail UI using gaia e-mail libs (was: TB and AMO...)

ace acelists at atlas.sk
Sun Oct 27 12:58:18 UTC 2013

Hi.
I still do not understand the point of this effort. Mozilla did not say
it does not support Thunderbird any longer due to any legacy/security
reasons. I think Mozilla did not want to focus on email as a whole (due
to it not having much impact). So making any new email client FOR
DESKTOP under Mozilla support does not look perspective to me. Of course
you can do it as a personal project, but I would be surprised if Mozilla
suddenly declared it an official project. That would kinda go against
its previous decision.

Did I understand something incorrectly?

aceman