TB and AMO...

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 17:16:36 UTC 2013

Personally I find this pretty unacceptable.  I understand that Mozilla is
not developing Thunderbird anymore, but changes like this are NOT in the
best interest of their users (and Thunderbird users are still Mozilla
users!) and frankly it tarnishes the Mozilla brand.  I think we should hold
a pretty hard line on this and tell them we find it unacceptable.  If that
doesn't help then escalate to their managers.  Unfortunately this might
force Mozilla to actually decide how (un)important they consider
Thunderbird and tell us that we're outta luck.  Dropping support for TB/SM
in AMO is certainly not "promoting the open web".

My two cents, at least,
Patrick