TB and AMO...

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 25 17:43:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

On 25/10/2013 18:10, Mike Conley wrote:
> So, what are we seeing here?
>
> I find it unsurprising that AMO and Marketplace are going to merge. I
> find it much more surprising that Thunderbird and SeaMonkey add-ons
> (sound like they) are not going to be included in that transition. If
> my interpretation of that is correct, that's a pretty serious hit to
> TB and SM users and our add-on development community.
>
> What do we do?
So, I've known about vague ideas from sometime last yet, but nothing yet
has been confirmed especially wrt TB (I cannot speak to anything on the
SM side), and it doesn't look like short-term anyway. Indeed reading all
the comments on the discussions there is no concrete plan.

The last items I remember were that it wasn't even certain that AMO
would integrate to marketplace, but if it did, then we'd look to find a
way to keep TB add-ons going.

Hence, I suggest we don't panic at the moment. I can ask around and see
if I can find out more.

Mark.