TB and AMO...

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 25 17:10:58 UTC 2013

Hey tb-planning,

I had a somewhat disturbing exchange with RattyAway today in #maildev:

https://pastebin.mozilla.org/3333290

here's a link to the chat that RattyAway talks about:

https://pastebin.mozilla.org/3333206

So, what are we seeing here?

I find it unsurprising that AMO and Marketplace are going to merge. I
find it much more surprising that Thunderbird and SeaMonkey add-ons
(sound like they) are not going to be included in that transition. If my
interpretation of that is correct, that's a pretty serious hit to TB and
SM users and our add-on development community.

What do we do?

-Mike