Tracking Thunderbird 24 issues

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Oct 2 18:17:48 UTC 2013

Before I go open a bug for this, can someone confirm...

I have had the following setting defined in user.js since forever (long
before we switched to the ESR version):

user_pref("mailnews.reply_header_type", 2);

Today I noticed emails from a couple of people no longer had the correct
reply_header_type - it was acting as if it was set to 1.

I also just tested on mine...

I do still have the above line in my user.js file, but when I checked in
the config editor, it was bold, and set to 1 instead of 2.

How could this be if my user.js has it set to 2?

I'm 99% sure this happened right after updating to 24 - but it just took
me a few days to notice it.

Anyone else seeing this?