Fwd: Donation link: next step

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 11:21:24 UTC 2013

Houps, it seems that I forget to follow this message to the list...

On 29/11/13 09:31, Vincent wrote:

  Just wanted to add that our first minister Jean-Marc Ayrault has
published a famous circular related to free software where we find this
recommendation (page 17 of the document):

*A simple rule to be applied would be to reinject systematically from 5 to
10 percent of the avoided licensing costs. This allows one to contribute in
a useful way in all cases, to not put at risk the economic gain of using
Free Software, without systematically performing a thorough study of
comprehensive gain. *

Full document available here (in english):
http://www.april.org/sites/default/files/20130319-ayrault-memorandum-english-translation.pdf

 Maybe it would worth to try to ask them how they could help Thunderbird
and secure its development? But it would require that we still have
contacts there. Does anybody know?