Community marketing (was: Donation link: next step)

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Nov 29 11:09:45 UTC 2013

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) wrote, On 28.11.2013 17:58:
> One of the failings of TB marketing IMO is we don't involve the user
> community enough.  And Thunderbird's continuation requires community
> involvement now more than ever

+1

I'm not the guy to do that, but I'd highly appreciate, if somebody would
step up and organize things.

We don't need a big armada of employees. The enthusisam of our
community, when enabled, channeled and cheered into the right direction
by a few marketing organizers, can make a huge difference. Who wants to
organize?

You don't even need any special access. Firefox marketing started with
spreadfirefox.com - note that it's a new domain. Anybody can do it. If
you have an idea how to market TB: Go!

> Time for a group of people to hammer on these things, no?

Yes!