Donation link: next step

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Mon Nov 25 20:39:13 UTC 2013

Kent James wrote, On 25.11.2013 21:14:
> Do I take this as support for what I have called the Thunderbird Council?

No. I don't like the notion of a "council". It ends up being a debate
club, bringing all personal initiative to a screeching halt. That's the
opposite of what we need. We need to empower individuals who want to
pony up, without messing up.

We need personal responsibility for an area, driving it, finding sore
spots, bringing in new ideas, and getting them actually done. However,
being "responsible" means to do the best for everybody, including
listening to feedback and differing viewpoints, distilling the reasons
behind them, and using that to improve the solution proposal.

Drive actively, without driving over anybody.

> My current estimates of Thunderbird financials, guessed from scant
> information ...

Be careful with such guesses and non-verifiable information. Things
often look very different when you look closely.

Ben