Donation link: next step

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Mon Nov 25 19:35:20 UTC 2013

Kent James wrote, On 25.11.2013 20:22:
> I would welcome any additional voices to bug Mozilla staff to publicly
> release income and usage figures for Thunderbird. It has been a lonely
> quest so far. Very frustrating.

I'm with you. This should be public knowledge.

I've made the same experience. I'm not even getting the information
anymore on the ISPDB statistics that I need to improve the list.

I think TB needs an independent organizational structure, formal
decision making body, and a separate bank account and spending powers.
As a lone module owner, you're being ignored.

Most important is that not even the developers feel empowered anymore.
Not a surprise with experiences like above. The result is that nobody
can take TB to the future. So, in the current setup, it will die a slow
death.

Ben