Proposal for donation link in Thunderbird 31

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Nov 21 11:08:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-21 5:43 AM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> But starting down the road of rewarding some contributors, while there
> are insufficient funds to reward all worthy contributors, is fraught
> with peril. It is easy to destroy a community through actions that could
> easily be viewed as unfair. Making such a process actually fair is
> really hard.

Maybe one option would be to have some kind of system where only a
certain percentage of the contribution can be dedicated to a certain bug
or bugs, with the rest going into a general pool.

The amount could vary based on how many votes the bug has (the more
votes, the higher the percentage of the contribution that can be
dedicated to it), up to some maximum (I was thinking 50%)?