Proposal for donation link in Thunderbird 31

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Nov 19 15:21:11 UTC 2013

Possibly in addition to the donation link, what about some way to
provide paid support?  That might require more formal infrastructure,
though, so maybe that wouldn't work.

I switched from Thunderbird to Postbox for the better Mac integration
and hoping for support from a dedicated team, but have been disappointed
that they seem to be charging too little to support their product.

Personally, since email is an incredibly important part of my daily
workflow, I'd rather pay *more* and get support, instead of paying less
and maybe just throwing money down a hole.

What about having bounties for particular tickets, too?  I get
disheartened when every now and then I get a bugzilla email, only to
find that it's just someone else signing up to be notified of ticket
status....  Maybe one could do a kickstarter sort of thing where you
sign up for a bounty, but only pay if enough co-sponsors join in so that
a useful amount of money is raised.

cheers,