TB and AMO...

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Nov 20 15:42:06 UTC 2013

Hello Wil,

while that reasoning makes sense from the AMO perspective, please
consider this perspective:

* Seamonkey is a grass-roots Mozilla project, and customization (incl.
extensions) is important to its user base. Killing AMO would be a
serious discouragement to the last few volunteer Mozilla developers we have.

* Seamonkey does generate money through search. We had been talking
about making contracts directly with search engines, but eventually, the
Seamonkey searches go to Mozilla. In exchange, Seamonkey can use the
Mozilla infrastructure. So, while I don't know the concrete cost that an
additional AMO product imposes, it might indeed be financially reasonable.

Ben