Proposal for donation link in Thunderbird 31

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Nov 19 16:26:08 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-19 4:52 AM, Axel Grude (Axel) <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am definitely for this, and would further propose a yearly repetition
> (or whenever majorVer changes, whatever comes first).

Actually, I would go so far as to offer the contributor the ability to
set up a *recurring* donation (would obviously require them to create an
account and add a Credit Card to it), either monthly or annually. I
could see myself setting up a recurring donation of $5/month easily.

The only problem with this would be the storing of the users CC info...
I'd hate to read a news article about how Thunderbirds contributor
database was hacked and users CC accounts were wiped out...