desktop e-mail UI using gaia e-mail libs (was: TB and AMO...)
alta88 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 18:00:50 UTC 2013
---On 10/26/2013 07:22 PM, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
> (NB: Thunderbird could potentially be made into a XULRunner
> app/Firefox extension which would moot the Gecko problem but not the
> large native code-base problem or its architecturally-necessitated
> main-thread operations.)
This is the best strategic move Thunderbird could make and survive the
- removes the AMO risk.
- android for free? nsITreeView and Places work there, no?
- revisit the tabs implementation and do it better (bug 487386
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=487386>), meaning it's
- this "Thunderfox" could be packaged as Firefox plus Tb.xpi plus
Lightning preinstalled. it's certainly not seamonkey; it's Fx with the
Tb 3pane in a (fixed) tab.
- perhaps jcranmer's build system renovation makes this feasible.
- a better long term place from which to chip away at native code.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning