The DarkMail Alliance

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Nov 1 09:33:18 UTC 2013

On 31/10/13 23:18, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> From my reading, they are more interested in replacing SMTP than replacing IMAP/POP.
>
> I'm not sure how much it even intersects with what Thunderbird does.

Thunderbird sends mail using SMTP, does it not?

I mean, perhaps they are only interested in replacing server-to-server
SMTP, I don't know. Details are sketchy. I just think it's something we
should keep an eye on.

Mozilla has had a couple of gos at fixing email, and we've not really
succeeded. Perhaps the right thing is to back someone else's attempt.

Gerv