Tabbed Composition - implementation questions

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Fri Mar 15 11:36:02 UTC 2013

Hi Liam,

Le 01/03/2013 07:26, Liam Edwards-Playne a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> As you may/may not know, I've been working on tabbed composition for the
> past month now and I'd like some help on the codebase/architecture.
> [...]
> When the majority of the coding is done, we'll have to get in touch with
> UX for the menu bar and whether compose should open in a new tab by
> default.
>
> Look forward to getting this long-awaited feature done.

Still on the UX side, have you seen a previous addon by Jonathan Protzenko ?
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbird/addon/compose-for-thunderbird

As I was interested by the address list panel, I found that it used the
'loopj' jquery plugin (http://loopj.com/jquery-tokeninput/)
Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore since approx. one year.
FYI, I rewrote a complete addon to perform such a behavior :
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbird/addon/mrc-compose/
It doesn't provide tokens (recipients as blue rectangle) but everything
else is ok.
Feel free to reuse as much code as you want. And I'll be happy to answer
any question about it.

Thanks,
Michel