Maybe looking for address book contractor

Jean-Baptiste Piacentino jpiacentino at mozilla.com
Fri Mar 15 06:46:38 UTC 2013

It does not make a difference if the work is paid for or not if in the end the contributions is mpl2 and follows the review process. I assume you (Mike) will have to have a final say on the proposed features.
Pretty obvious but thought I'd mention it ;-)

In general, this is good news, right?
Jb
(Sent from a mobile device)

Mike Conley <mconley at mozilla.com> wrote:

All,

A company from Slovakia has contacted me asking about address book
developments. They have a vested interest in getting CardDAV sync
support working in Thunderbird (SoGo Connector doesn't give them what
they need). I told them that I hack on it in my free time; and they
offered that they might be able to afford a contractor to hack on it
full-time, alongside me.

I've given them a brief description of what developer skills are
required (primarily JS, some C++ would be nice, HTML and XUL an asset),
and that searching the existing Mozilla development community is
probably a good first step.

I also mentioned that I'd tell the TB planning group to see if we could
drum up any suggestions for contractors.

Anyhow, I just wanted to keep you all posted on this. Thoughts?

-Mike

PS: aceman.sk, looking for a contract? :)