Eudora/Penelope

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Jun 27 18:38:35 UTC 2013

On 27/06/13 10:25, Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) wrote:
> We should be able to frame the situation for users in the wiki by
> offering Thunderbird as an alternative. But I wouldn't suggest at this
> point totally cutting them off from OSE.

Putting all this together, it seems to me that the right approach is to
change the top of that landing wiki page to say, in a highlighted box:

"Please note: it is Mozilla's understanding that Qualcomm is no longer
developing Eudora OSE. Furthermore, the last released version is based
on an old version of Thunderbird which is no longer supported, and has
known security issues. Current or potential users of Eudora OSE might
like to try <a>Thunderbird</a> as an alternative email program, although
of course the user interface and features of the two programs are
different."

Does that sound good?

Gerv