Eudora/Penelope

Axel Grude (Axel) axel.grude at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 22:57:11 UTC 2013

On 26/06/2013 22:47, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 26/06/13 14:39, David Ascher wrote:
>> Maybe.  If those 12,000 people end up unhappy because TB doesn't do
>> things that Eudora let them think they would be able to get, it ends
>> up being a lot of noise and unhappy folks.
> Well, at the moment they are using old, unsupported software (either the
> original or those dead OSE builds). Which isn't good for them either.
>
> Can we figure out how to set expectations appropriately?

> "Eudora is dead. Sorry about that. Nothing we can do. Thunderbird is
> different - we make no apologies - but it's alive and being developed.
> Why not try it? Go here..."
I have plenty of happy QuickFolders customers who come from Eudora and ask for special
features, so I think pointing them towards Addons should be a bonus:

for example move file & create a new folder in one operation.
create filters via drag & drop.

I think there are more examples but I would need to go through my support archives...
h addon support, Thunderbird is more than capable as a substitute.

Axel